Emma and Zac’s wedding was nothing short of a dream. In our initial calls with Emma, she expressed she wanted to combine her and her fiancés two cultures to create a wedding that perfectly represented both of their upbringings.
Zac grew up overseas in Jordan and Emma’s father is French, so they wanted to incorporate elements of both cultures into their wedding day. Between the meze, hookah lounge, la danse de la brioche, and the croquembouche (a French dessert consisting of choux pastry puffs piled into a cone and bound with threads of caramel, often served at weddings, baptisms and first communions) – we would say they accomplished the PERFECT wedding weekend bringing both of their families together.
In French tradition, Emma and Zac wanted their wedding to be a three day event! The weekend started off on Friday, with a gorgeous, intimate ceremony at her parent’s residence! Saturday was the big reception day with all the jewel-tones, delicious food, and live music. They closed it out with a BBQ lunch on Sunday to wrap up the weekend celebration.
We also snuck in some celestial details (per Emma’s request) to round out this eclectic jewel-toned Wisconsin wedding.
A Backyard Wedding Dream
Emma knew she wanted the whole weekend to take place at her family’s home, which meant preparing the house and grounds for all of her guests. We were able to bring in a sailcloth tent, dance floor, tables, chairs, etc. all courtesy of Event Essentials. It was worth every second of the planning that goes into turning your home into your event venue. Seeing the gorgeous tent lit up at night was definitely a jaw dropper.
One word Emma brought up throughout wedding planning was “abundance” and we definitely accomplished that in food, drink, celebration, flowers, and joy!
Here are a few highlights of their day:
- Grazing tables. One of the things Emma and Zac enjoy most is their love of meze (a selection of small dishes served as appetizer) mixed in with Wisconsin’s meat and cheese! Naturally, they wanted their whole reception to be filled with grazing tables for each guest to enjoy.
- Blue Plate created the most delicious spreads with ALL the bread, cheese, fruits, and more. We could barely keep our hands off of it! Actually, we probably would consider this meal one of our favorite meals we’ve ever had at a wedding!
- Hookah. And let’s not forget the hookah! Emma and Zac wanted to create a lounge where their guests could enjoy this as well.
- Hookah combined with a gorgeous lounge set from Velvet Rentals, made it one of our favorite elements from their wedding reception.
- La Danse de la Brioche is a French tradition where the bride and groom are presented with a large brioche on a platter in which they and their guests must hold above their head as they dance to prove their strength! Everyone was gathered in a circle, clapping, and cheering on each person to be handed the platter.
This was just a snippet of how amazing their weekend really was. We were so honored to witness two families come together and celebrate Emma and Zac’s love and traditions! This weekend will go down as one of our favorites yet.
Venue: Private Residence
Planning and Design: Olive Branch Events Co.
Catering & Bar: Blue Plate Catering
Photography: Erika Diaz Photography
Florals: Naly’s Floral Shop
Ceremony Backdrop: Cedar and Spice
Hair and Makeup: ANiU Salon
Live Music and Band: Jukebox Bandstand
Transportation: Gallant Knight Limo