WHAT A YEAR! Being in an industry that I always thought was EVERYTHING-proof, it has been a humbling, frustrating, messy, wonderful, and delightful year, all wrapped up in one.
To start, one of my favorite things about this year is that I had so much beautiful and amazing time with my baby boy (Cue all of the ugly tears, and it is sooooo true when they say it goes by way too fast). I have deeply cherished this time at home with my sweet Boaz. And I guess my dog probably appreciated it, too.
We started the year with 15 weddings. We were ready and excited to have so many weddings – double the amount we had the year before! BUT we ended up with 3 weddings in 2020. A smaller number than planned, but still great, regardless.
- Tom & Mariana quickly changed plans and moved their wedding from downtown Madison to Tom’s parents’ backyard. They had a beautiful, simple and elegant micro wedding – and they said they wouldn’t have changed a thing.
- Kelsey and Jon had to wrestle with moving their wedding outside of Dane County to the Grand Geneva Resort two months before their wedding. Despite the roller coaster of planning, they forged ahead and had a wonderful celebration with their closest family and friends!
- Kylee and Danny changed wedding plans at least four times, and are planning on ending the year with an intimate wedding with their immediate families. New Year’s Eve was the day they started dating and got engaged, so it’s only fitting they end the year strong by getting married!
I am so immensely grateful for all of my clients who have stuck with me through THICK AND THIN, by choosing to proceed with their weddings or postponing to 2021. We have grown so close to our clients (who are now sweet friends) and are so grateful for the opportunity to serve them.
We also had a few fun projects in store to keep our hands busy, including two styled shoots (featured below!)
Without further ado, here’s a glance at what we’ve been up to this year!
- I survived the first year of parenthood. Those first 3 months were an absolute blur. No idea what happened between January-March. Lol.
- We got some house projects done (like everyone else during the stay-at-home order in Wisconsin).
- My husband and I visited Door County for the very first time in October!
- Also in October, we celebrated Year 2 of business!
- We welcomed Kelly to her new role on the team as a lead coordinator! Kelly kicked off wedding season with this elegant backyard microwedding! And got rave reviews, might I add. 🙂
- We started taking our email list more seriously and I created a free wedding planning checklist for couples to make wedding planning a little bit easier!
- I am putting more effort into wedding planner education, as I’ve gotten a lot of inquiries lately by other aspiring wedding planners for help and guidance. A special announcement with this is coming so soon!
- We planned our first ever photoshoot on a flower farm!
- This styled shoot was featured in Wisconsin Bride, Wed Plan & Guide and Madison Magazine! 🙂
- We celebrated a very special birthday!
Although it was a quieter year in a lot of ways, it really did free us up to dream and have a better vision of where I want this business to go. I started working on a few projects that I am so excited to announce soon! We have so much more to share with you in 2021 but will leave it at that for now. Thank you so much for your support and for cheering us on through the highs and lows!