When I first met Suzi, I knew we’d be a great fit when she brought a huge binder with wedding details already planned and a gigantic venue diagram (to scale) to our first client meeting! Suzi reached out to me after her original wedding planner was no longer available. This wedding was probably one of the most personal and unique weddings I’ve been a part of! Suzi and Josh weaved their story so perfectly into their wedding day and I am so excited to share their story!
Suzi is a pediatric nurse and her caring and thoughtful personality was evident throughout the process. She loves spending Madison summers at Concerts on the Square (in fact, I actually ran into her at a Concerts on the Square event a few months before their wedding day) and the local Farmers Market, which is why she chose to use Farmers Market flowers for their florals.
Josh is a pilot, and they incorporated so many fun details in their decor and wedding day. Josh only wears UW-Madison colors, and as a compromise, they chose burgundy and navy (instead of black and red) for their color palette. He loves the Badgers so much, that Suzi surprised Josh with Bucky himself during the dance! I laughed out loud a lot that day, trying to keep Bucky hidden from Josh and not ruin the surprise!
Here’s a list of everything they did to incorporate their story:
- Custom Bar from groom’s father (with an airplane propellor in the front)
- Custom pergola altar built by the groom’s father that now sits in their backyard
- Customized Jenga/lawn games
- Bucky bags with monogram
- Getting ready photos at the Capitol where Josh proposed
- Photos at the airport hangar
- Photos with their pets – Oscar and Piper are the absolute cutest!
- Suzi wanted to do something special, and had her immediate family build her bouquet as she walked down the aisle
- Elvis sheet music for table runners – Suzi’s favorite musician!
- Tacos from a local food truck – a nod to the Farmers Market (also some of the BEST wedding food I’ve ever had. It also is worth mentioning that I was a ravenous 6-month pregnant lady)
- Airplane bottle opener favors placed at each guest’s table
It was so lovely to celebrate Suzi and Josh’s big day with the beautiful Madison skyline in the background. We’ll remember this wedding for a very long time, and are so thankful we got to be their for their special day!
Venue: Olin Park
Florals: Madison Farmers Market
Planner: Olive Branch Events Co.
Photography: Manzeck Photography
Hair & Makeup: Tilia Salon and Spa
Food: Slide Food Cart
Cake: Looking Glass Bakery
Transportation: Badger Bus
Late Night Food: Ian’s Pizza